First of all, let me just say that lately blogging is not my thing. Clearly. Since if you look to the bottom of this screen you’ll see that the last time I visited here was sometime in late March. An embarrassing fact, but now that it’s out of the way, let’s move on to what I really want to talk about:
The last month and a half.
Since I haven’t been on here in awhile—and consequently could go on and on and on and on without covering half of what needs to be covered with you—I thought I’d just share the most interesting highlights (interesting in that I found them interesting—you might fall asleep before you finish reading this sentence).
Still with me? Then here we go.
- I got a stupid speeding ticket in my stupid neighborhood. And for what might possibly be the twelfth time in my life because I am targeted for speeding in the same way a thief is targeted by police (the comparisons are sooooo similar), I cursed my ability to write. Because why am I not an actress?? No matter how hard I tried—no matter how tightly I squeezed my eyes together or sniffed in rapid succession or punched myself in the nose—I could not produce a single dang tear. So instead, I drove off with a slip of paper and a bad attitude.
- I skipped book club. Twice. And I like book club. REALLY like book club. So my not going doesn’t have anything to do with a weird aversion to it. It has more to do with a weird glitch in my brain that leaves me with an inability to freaking remember. Maybe next month.
- I signed my second publishing contract. With Harper Collins. WITH HARPER COLLINS. They’re like, big. Like, huge! They publish…well I can’t think of anything specific off the top of my head. But I know they publish stuff! And I’m gonna be published with them!! (Book will be out next April).
- I start watching Arrested Development, and I’m currently two episodes away from finishing season 1. And I have a question about this. WHY DIDN’T ANYONE EVER TELL ME TO WATCH ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT BEFORE NOW??? This show is so so so so good. If you haven’t watched it yet, start today. Family dysfunction abounds, and that’s totally my thing.
- My son finished his last day of high school. I cried. I cried some more. But something tells me I haven’t cried nearly as much as I will next weekend when he graduates.
Moving on from that topic.
- The new season of 24 started Monday! This makes me happy in so many ways, mainly because my life ended three years ago when the show aired for the last time, and now my life can start again. So, yay for living and yay for 24!
And that about wraps it up. Only six things are worth talking about, I guess. Either that or I’m tired and don’t feel like thinking up any more stuff. That’s more likely it.
Until next time. Have a great week!
This Post Has 4 Comments
Holy cow HC??!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Thank you! And yes–boo to the ticket!!
Loved catching up with you, although I knew most of this from Facebook. 🙂 Speeding tickets stink, contracts with HarperCollins rock, and watching your oldest graduate from high school is bitter-sweet. Our oldest will be ten this summer and I have to remind myself all the time that healthy things grow. As hard as it is to watch her grow, it’s also a huge blessing. I don’t watch much television, so I don’t know what all the hype is about 24 or Arrested Development–I might never know–so I’ll trust you on those! 🙂
Thank you, Gabrielle. You rock. 🙂